Mindfulness has become so ubiquitous that the true meaning of the word has been lost in our desire to find a quick fix to stress and other challenges in our lives.
The Bringing Mindfulness To Your Life Course focuses on meditation practices that are designed to cultivate your capacity for mindfulness. But more than that, you'll learn to integrate these practices into life in practical ways.
The practices offered in this course are grounded in the breath, body, and sensations. These meditations will become a gateway to cultivating present moment awareness, acceptance, and patience.
You'll also explore how these practices can impact specific aspects of your life and your relationships to physical discomfort. By the end, you'll have a toolbox of practices and a changed approach to life.
Conceptual understanding of mindfulness and meditation is a place to start. However, it's through the experiential practice that true knowledge is gained.
- Learn the basic concepts of mindfulness & meditation.
- Explore body-based methods for bringing those concepts to practice.
- Integrate those practices into your life.
- Understand, at a deep level, how greater awareness and compassionate presence can change your life.
Each week you'll receive practices that are designed to help you to integrate what you've live sessions into your daily life. By the end of the series, you'll on your way to creating a sustainable home practice.
What You Receive Each Week
- One guided meditation in audio format
- 2-3 Daily Life Mindfulness Practices
You'll have an opportunity to share and connect during our live sessions. And you'll be able to join in on the online conversation directly within our platform.
The online community is where all of the discussions will happen outside of class. Plus, it's a safe and supportive space to share your insights, ask questions, and connect with others.
Each of the live 60-minute sessions is broken down into three phases.
- A live, in-real-time, guided meditation practice.
- A brief presentation on the relevance of the practice to specific aspects of our life & our relationships to physical discomfort.
- Time for discussion and inquiry.
Jon Aaron trained in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction with the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center, which has granted him full certification as an MBSR teacher. He has taught over 65 cycles of the seminal curriculum, as well as numerous courses for alumni of the program. He has also trained to work with people struggling with trauma and is a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner®.